Self control is a spectrum. RO DBT is designed for clients who self identify as overcontrolled, and is not designed for clients who identify or the clinician identifies as undercontrolled.
Based on Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Theory and Practice for Treating Disorders of Overcontrol, Dr. Thomas Lynch 2018
- Summarize basic over and under control disorders.
- Identify social signaling behavior target in a current client.
- Recognize differences in biotemperament affect treatment outcomes.
This workshop is designed to help you:
- Understand the control spectrum of over and under - control
- Recognize RO-DBT treatment targets maladaptive overcontrol and social signalling
- Describe which clients are appropriate for RO DBT treatment
About the Presenter
Hope Arnold, LCSW, MA LCSW, Social Worker, University of Houston, 2013; Master of Arts in Psychology concentration in Jungian Studies, 2011 Saybrook University. Intensively Trained in Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy
*****To obtain CEUs for this event you must log in to the Zoom event using your first and last name and attend the entire event. After the event, you must complete a CEU credit form. Both the zoom link and CEU credit form will be emailed to you the day before the presentation.
This event is pending for 1 CEU by the following organizations:
- National Association of Social Workers – Utah Chapter
- Utah Association of Clinical Mental Health Counselors
- Utah Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Utah Psychological Association